Feb 15, 2010

Memories

Isn't it funny how a fragrance, a song, a date on the calendar or a place can take you instantly back in time?  Valentine's Day is like that for me now.  Every Valentine's Day, my dad would show up at school with a few pink and red carnations in a vase for me.  He'd always carry them casually, so as not to be noticed by others.  He'd always attach a little hand written note expressing his love.

Friday at school, I arrived back in my office after a very busy morning and there was a beautiful pot of flowers on my desk.  They were from my sister, Gail.  She'd sent them knowing that I'd be missing that vase of carnations...and my dad.  Her thoughtfulness really touched me.  I'm so blessed to have a wonderful sister...and to have had a wonderful dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment