Jan 13, 2010

Mission Prep

Isn't strange how you can hope and pray for something your whole life, and then, as that prayed for event begins to come about, you wish time would slow down?  Last Sunday, Bailey met with the bishop for his initial missionary interview.  They met again last night to get things set up on the computer to begin completing his mission papers. 

Mission?  When did Bailey get old enough to go on a mission?  It's always been something we were looking forward to, something in the distant future.  Now, here it is...where has the time gone? 

It isn't that I don't want Bailey to go on a mission, I do. It's just that he's our "baby" and is such a bright, happy joy in our home.  He's helpful, obedient, friendly, outgoing and funny.  He's willing to "hang out" with his dad and mom.  He's always been such a good boy...and I guess that's what I'll miss...is always having that good boy around. 

We've got great times to look forward to, yet...there are days when I miss the old times.  I miss the times when we could read a bedtime story together, tuck the little ones into bed and know that they were safe and sound for the night.

And, maybe the question I'm really asking myself is, "When did I get to be THIS OLD?"

No comments:

Post a Comment